Failing to create Proxy Repository for P2 Update Sites

Failing to create Proxy Repository for P2 Update Sites

achbine
Hello,

I am trying to proxy the Eclipse Indigo Update Site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/) with my Nexus OSS 2.0.1, but I only get OOM Heap Space errors.

And when I tried it with Mylyn (http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/indigo) it didn't work either. No P2 Repository was found.

The only Update Site that worked so far was EclipseLink (http://download.eclipse.org/rt/eclipselink/updates/2.2.0.v20110202-r8913/).

As described in some tutorial video, I created them in Nexus as Proxy Repositories with format "P2".

I tried all three Repos in Eclipse ("Install new Software") and in my Tycho Build... Mylyn and Eclipse just don't want to work although the "Repository Status" is "In Service".

I have the feeling that I missed something huge! Am I using the wrong URLs? I need help :)

Greetings,
Sabine

Re: Failing to create Proxy Repository for P2 Update Sites

Rich Seddon
There are a couple of things going on..

First, you need to increase the heap space for Nexus when using p2.  You can do this by editing "<nexus_root>/bin/jsw/conf/wrapper.conf" and setting "wrapper.java.maxmemory".  I'd suggest 1024m for p2.

Second, sometime in the last few days the p2 update sites at eclipse.org have started to publish a file called "p2.index".  This file contains a list of p2 metadata files which are found on the site.

If you have p2 proxy repositories of update sites from eclipse.org this file will cause them to stop working, since they list files which Nexus does not publish.
The specific details of this issue can be found here:

We will be releasing a fix for this soon. But in the meantime you can work around this issue at the p2 repository group level by adding a routing rule with the following configuration:

URL Pattern:  /p2.index
Rule Type: Blocking
Repository Group: All Repository Groups

Rich

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to proxy the Eclipse Indigo Update Site
> (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/) with my Nexus OSS 2.0.1, but
> I only get OOM Heap Space errors.
>
> And when I tried it with Mylyn
> (http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/indigo) it didn't work either.
> No P2 Repository was found.
>
> The only Update Site that worked so far was EclipseLink
> (http://download.eclipse.org/rt/eclipselink/updates/2.2.0.v20110202-r8913/).
>
> As described in some tutorial video, I created them in Nexus as Proxy
> Repositories with format "P2".
>
> I tried all three Repos in Eclipse ("Install new Software") and in my Tycho
> Build... Mylyn and Eclipse just don't want to work although the "Repository
> Status" is "In Service".
>
> I have the feeling that I missed something huge! Am I using the wrong URLs?
> I need help :)
>
> Greetings,
> Sabine

Re: Failing to create Proxy Repository for P2 Update Sites

achbine
Ah! Thanks alot. I will try it as soon as I can.

Re: Failing to create Proxy Repository for P2 Update Sites

vlatombe
It has been fixed in Nexus 2.0.3 so you should be safe with an update.

Vincent