FW: findbugs plugin runs JUnit tests, but findbugs does not

FW: findbugs plugin runs JUnit tests, but findbugs does not

Jeff Jensen
Hi again,

Is anyone else using the findbugs plug-in?  If so, is it running your JUnit
tests too?

I cannot run findbugs on our large code base because when the real JUnit plugin
runs, an out of memory error occurs.  I think it is because they both run the
tests.  If I do not run findbugs, the out of memory error does not occur with
the JUnit plugin.

I hope to resolve this problem to use it.  I did not see a bug entry for this in
the SF plugins list.

Re: FW: findbugs plugin runs JUnit tests, but findbugs does not

Jamie Bisotti
1. Did you ask on the maven-plugins list/forum @ SF?
2. Are you forking the JUnit tests off into their own VM?

On 6/8/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Is anyone else using the findbugs plug-in?  If so, is it running your JUnit
> tests too?
>
> I cannot run findbugs on our large code base because when the real JUnit plugin
> runs, an out of memory error occurs.  I think it is because they both run the
> tests.  If I do not run findbugs, the out of memory error does not occur with
> the JUnit plugin.
>
> I hope to resolve this problem to use it.  I did not see a bug entry for this in
> the SF plugins list.

Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: FW: findbugs plugin runs JUnit tests, but findbugs does not

Jeff Jensen
1.  Doh.  Thanks for the kick...just did that.  Doesn't seem to be much activity
there...but hopeful.  :-)

2.  Doh again.  Am now.  Out of memory does not occur now on the JUnit run.
Thanks again.