Exporting and importing Maven properties

Exporting and importing Maven properties

g.hohl
Hello everyone,

I currently have the issue that I need to write certain properties of a
Maven build into a file and import them into another Maven build.

In this special case it is the Jenkins build number as well as the
version of the built artifact itself.

The two Maven builds are separated Jenkins build, but the 1st triggers
the 2nd.

There I need that version information for naming the installer correctly
(or to be more precise: the Debian package).

I only found the "Properties Maven Plugin":

http://www.mojohaus.org/properties-maven-plugin/index.html

But I can't use that because it only allows to write all properties into
a file and to import all of them from there.

I need only 2 or 3 and the rest should be left unmodified.

Is there another possibility / Maven plug-in available?

Unfortunately search for "Maven" and "properties" doesn't give you a
very useful result. ;-)

Regards,

Gerrit

Re: Exporting and importing Maven properties

rfscholte
"The two Maven builds are separated Jenkins build, but the 1st triggers
the 2nd."

This tells me it is probably not a Maven issue but more of a Jenkins issue.

What you are probably searching for is:
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Copy+Artifact+Plugin

thanks,
Robert