Excluding inherited developers

James Hutton
I have a BOM that someone has added a developers and contributors section
to.   I'd like to leverage some maven reports that include both those
sections however I'd like do exclude the inherited values.  Does anyone
have a suggestion to remove the inherited tag values?   I've tried adding a
blank <developers/> and <contributors/> in an intermediary BOM with no luck.

Thanks,
James

Re: Excluding inherited developers

Hervé BOUTEMY
I fear there is no feature for that

this is an opportunity to explain the code:
1. everything is in maven-model-builder [1]
2. the step of interest here is inheritance assembly [2]
3. and if you look at source code [3], there is code to avoid emptying data
during inheritance, but no merge facilities and even less merge with cleanup
(= what you're looking for)

If you can imagine a clean way of configuring inheritance with merge and
cleanup at pom XML level, the impementation of the merge feature will be coded
at this place

Don't hesitate to discuss the feature both from a user point of view first and
trying to code it: we're looking for contribution. This one should not be that
hard to code, IMHO, but the important step is to ind a way to make is usable
in pom.xml.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.5.2/maven-model-builder/

[2] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.5.2/maven-model-builder/
index.html#Inheritance_Assembly

[3] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.5.2/maven-model-builder/xref/org/apache/
maven/model/merge/MavenModelMerger.html#L207