Error uploading artifact (without POM) in beta 4

Error uploading artifact (without POM) in beta 4

Brian Sanders

I just pulled down a copy of beta 4 (build 325), and it looks great.

To test the new upload feature, I used the example scenario from "Maven: The Definitive Guide".  That is, I uploaded the jar file for the Oracle JDBC drivers to the "thirdparty" repository (of course, using the new upload UI, not the maven deploy:deploy-file target).

When I used the new upload UI and specified a POM file as the source for artifact information, the upload runs great.  However, if I choose to manually enter the Group, Artifact, Version, and Packaging attributes, the upload fails with an exception (listed below).  This happens for me on both Redhat ES 4 (x86) and Windows Vista.

Any ideas?  I used the stock configuration for these tests.

jvm 1    | SEVERE: Exception during upload:
jvm 1    | org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. ..\..\..\runtime\work\tmp\upload_6e0934bb_11aa6e338dc__8000_00000007.tmp (The system cannot find the path specified)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:359)
jvm 1    |      at org.restlet.ext.fileupload.RestletFileUpload.parseRequest(RestletFileUpload.java:77)
jvm 1    |      at org.sonatype.nexus.rest.artifact.AbstractArtifactResourceHandler.uploadArtifact(AbstractArtifactResourceHandler.java:338)
jvm 1    |      at org.sonatype.nexus.rest.artifact.ArtifactResourceContentHandler.post(ArtifactResourceContentHandler.java:61)
jvm 1    |      at org.restlet.resource.Resource.handlePost(Resource.java:484)
jvm 1    |      at org.sonatype.nexus.rest.AbstractNexusResourceHandler.handlePost(AbstractNexusResourceHandler.java:349)

Brian Sanders  |  Aon eSolutions
Software Architect
531 Roselane Street, NW, Suite 800, Marietta, GA 30060
P: 678.784.4614  F: 678.784.4714

[hidden email]

This message is intended only for the named recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. Unauthorized individuals or entities are not permitted access to this information. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments.

Re: Error uploading artifact (without POM) in beta 4

Max Powers
Hi Brian, I am going to have a look at this issue now, I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks

Max

Re: Error uploading artifact (without POM) in beta 4

Max Powers
Brian, we have found the issue, the problem is that the tmp directory is not being automatically created.  Please follow the workaround steps in jira ticket NEXUS-90  http://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-90.

If you can't access the public jira, here you go

Current workaround is to create the tmp directory, which by default is located in ${nexus-base-dir}/runtime/work/tmp

If you have modified your ${nexus-base-dir}/conf/wrapper.conf to use a different temporary directory, you will need to create that directory instead

Thanks for the report

Max ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:37 PM

Hi Brian, I am going to have a look at this issue now, I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks

Max

Re: Error uploading artifact (without POM) in beta 4

Brian Sanders

Works great now, on both Redhat and Windows.  Thanks for the workaround!