Ensure dependency convergence restricted to a given artifactId

Ensure dependency convergence restricted to a given artifactId

Francois MAROT
Hello all,

First of all thanks thanks and thanks again to the Maven devs, you rock !
Then a question:
is there a way to limit the dependency convergence check (in Maven enforcer
plugin -
https://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/dependencyConvergence.html
) to a given artifactId (or a list of artifactId or GA[V]) ?

I ask this because I have a project spanning multiple git repos (the
"original sin") and I have to ensure convergence on a specific dependency.
But historically we have many convergence problems and it would take a lot
more effort to solve them all.

To my knowledge, the plugin is kind of all-or-nothing ? Either all converge,
or it fails. Is there a way to configure it more fine-grained or any
alternative solution ?

Regards

François MAROT

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: Ensure dependency convergence restricted to a given artifactId

Václav Haisman
I have similar situation. The way I solved this is that I a) manage
dependencies in top most POM and b) use Maven Enforcer to ban all versions
of an artifact except the one I want, using Enforcer's banned dependencies
rule.