Enforce no local versions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Enforce no local versions

Jörg Schaible-5
Hi,

is there an enforcer rule to ensure that no local versions have been
defined for dependencies? I always thought, there is one already
available, but somehow I do not find it...

Cheers,
Jörg



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Enforce no local versions

Harald Wellmann
Do you mean a rule to enforce no snapshot dependencies? In that case,
there is a rule called "requireReleaseDeps".

"No local versions" does not really make sense to me, because any remote
dependency will first be downloaded to your local repository.

Regards,
Harald



Am 25.01.19 um 08:20 schrieb Jörg Schaible:

> Hi,
>
> is there an enforcer rule to ensure that no local versions have been
> defined for dependencies? I always thought, there is one already
> available, but somehow I do not find it...
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Enforce no local versions

Jörg Schaible
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 22:34:56 +0100 Harald Wellmann wrote:

> Do you mean a rule to enforce no snapshot dependencies? In that case,
> there is a rule called "requireReleaseDeps".

No.

> "No local versions" does not really make sense to me, because any remote
> dependency will first be downloaded to your local repository.

It has nothing to do with repositories. We manage versions in a depMgmt section the parent of a multi-
project and no-one should declare own versions for his dependencies in the sub projects.

Regards,
Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Enforce no local versions

Tamás Cservenák
So, if I understand correctly: to enforce there is no reactor project in
depMgt section of child modules?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:48 AM Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 22:34:56 +0100 Harald Wellmann wrote:
>
> > Do you mean a rule to enforce no snapshot dependencies? In that case,
> > there is a rule called "requireReleaseDeps".
>
> No.
>
> > "No local versions" does not really make sense to me, because any remote
> > dependency will first be downloaded to your local repository.
>
> It has nothing to do with repositories. We manage versions in a depMgmt
> section the parent of a multi-
> project and no-one should declare own versions for his dependencies in the
> sub projects.
>
> Regards,
> Jörg
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Enforce no local versions

Mikael Åsberg
He wants to ensure that no managed versions I are overridden.

On Jan 29, 2019 11:40, "Tamás Cservenák" <[hidden email]> wrote:

So, if I understand correctly: to enforce there is no reactor project in
depMgt section of child modules?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:48 AM Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]>
wrote:


> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 22:34:56 +0100 Harald Wellmann wrote:
>
> > Do you mean a rule to enforce no snapshot dependencies? In that case,
> > there is a rule called "requireReleaseDeps".
>
> No.
>
> > "No local versions" does not really make sense to me, because any remote
> > dependency will first be downloaded to your local repository.
>
> It has nothing to do with repositories. We manage versions in a depMgmt
> section the parent of a multi-
> project and no-one should declare own versions for his dependencies in the
> sub projects.
>
> Regards,
> Jörg
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Enforce no local versions

Nick_S
If that's the case then maybe take a look at the analyze-dep-mgt goal of
the dependency plugin.[1]

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-dep-mgt-mojo.html


~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell


On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:42 AM Mikael Åsberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> He wants to ensure that no managed versions I are overridden.
>
> On Jan 29, 2019 11:40, "Tamás Cservenák" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So, if I understand correctly: to enforce there is no reactor project in
> depMgt section of child modules?
>
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:48 AM Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>
> > On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 22:34:56 +0100 Harald Wellmann wrote:
> >
> > > Do you mean a rule to enforce no snapshot dependencies? In that case,
> > > there is a rule called "requireReleaseDeps".
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > "No local versions" does not really make sense to me, because any
> remote
> > > dependency will first be downloaded to your local repository.
> >
> > It has nothing to do with repositories. We manage versions in a depMgmt
> > section the parent of a multi-
> > project and no-one should declare own versions for his dependencies in
> the
> > sub projects.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jörg
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Enforce no local versions

Jörg Schaible
In reply to this post by Tamás Cservenák
Hi Tamás,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:40:03 +0100 Tamás Cservenák wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly: to enforce there is no reactor project in
> depMgt section of child modules?

No. I don't want that someone uses a version tag in the dependency section of a POM, since all versions have
been defined somewhere in the parent's depMgt section.

Cheers,
Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]