Doxia test flakiness

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.

This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Doxia test flakiness

Elliotte Rusty Harold
OK, let me know when the repo situation is sorted out. I don't think
this is on anyone's critical path just yet.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 6:01 AM Robert Scholte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think something went wrong here.
> This project use to be the aggregator project in subversion.
> In the early days there were read-only repos in github of our subversion repos.
> However, when we moved everything to gitbox every module should have gotten their own repository.
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools [https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools]
>

> for some reason only the doxia-converter and doxia-linkchecker got their own repo, the doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-plugin not.
>
> Before having a look at this, we need to know the status of it.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> On 23-12-2019 23:38:43, Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
> https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
> appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.
>
> This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
> other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
> autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64
>
> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Doxia test flakiness

On 4 Doxia Tools, 2 have been migrated: doxia-converter [1] and doxia-
linkcheck [2], with very little activity (no release in 2 years)
There are 2 remaining components: doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-
plugin.

Do you mean that you want to maintain these 2 components?
Do you want us to create 2 Git repositories? Once created, are you able to fill
these with content filtered from doxia-tools svn2git mirror?

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-converter

[2] https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-linkcheck

Le mercredi 22 janvier 2020, 18:12:30 CET Elliotte Rusty Harold a écrit :

> Ping. Any progress on getting Doxia migrated into Github?
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 5:38 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
> > https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
> > appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.
> >
> > This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
> > other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
> > autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64
> >
> > --
> > Elliotte Rusty Harold
> > [hidden email]

Re: Doxia test flakiness

Elliotte Rusty Harold
I was hoping to fix these two issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-54?filter=-1

I sent a PR for one of these, but it turned out to be against the
wrong repo. I know nothing about svn2git.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 4:41 PM Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 Doxia Tools, 2 have been migrated: doxia-converter [1] and doxia-
> linkcheck [2], with very little activity (no release in 2 years)
> There are 2 remaining components: doxia-book-renderer and doxia-book-maven-
> plugin.
>
> Do you mean that you want to maintain these 2 components?
> Do you want us to create 2 Git repositories? Once created, are you able to fill
> these with content filtered from doxia-tools svn2git mirror?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-converter
>
> [2] https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-linkcheck
>
> Le mercredi 22 janvier 2020, 18:12:30 CET Elliotte Rusty Harold a écrit :
> > Ping. Any progress on getting Doxia migrated into Github?
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 5:38 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold
> >
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Anyone working on Doxia these days? If so, your review of
> > > https://github.com/apache/maven-doxia-tools/pull/3 would be
> > > appreciated. This PR effectively disables a flaky autogenerated test.
> > >
> > > This was the best I could come up with on short notice to unblock some
> > > other bugs in Doxia. However if anyone can figure out how to fix the
> > > autogenerated test instead that would be even better. Details at
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIATOOLS-64
> > >
> > > --
> > > Elliotte Rusty Harold
> > > [hidden email]