Doxia XHTML MathML support?

Claude Warren
I am attempting to use  XHTML generator as part of the commons-collections
site generation.  The document I have requires MathML which is part of
HTML5 now.  But the XHTML and XHTML5 generators emit a warning for each of
the MathML tags that reads "[XHTML Sink] No HTML tag found for unknown
event: 'math', ignoring!" or similar for other MathML tags.  Is there a way
to emit the MathML tags using the xdoc input format?

I have a work around using the snippet macro but would like a cleaner
solution.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Doxia XHTML MathML support?

Gary Gregory-2
Maybe look at Commons Math?

Gary

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020, 13:42 Claude Warren <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am attempting to use  XHTML generator as part of the commons-collections
> site generation.  The document I have requires MathML which is part of
> HTML5 now.  But the XHTML and XHTML5 generators emit a warning for each of
> the MathML tags that reads "[XHTML Sink] No HTML tag found for unknown
> event: 'math', ignoring!" or similar for other MathML tags.  Is there a way
> to emit the MathML tags using the xdoc input format?
>
> I have a work around using the snippet macro but would like a cleaner
> solution.
>
> Claude
>
> --
> I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web
> <http://like-like.xenei.com>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren

Re: Doxia XHTML MathML support?

Claude Warren
Just to close this question.  I found that commons-math uses the mathjax
javascript library[1] that produces equations from LaTEX mathematical
equation format[2].   The mathjax library can be included in site xdoc
files by including:
{noformat}
<head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="
https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.1/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"
/>
</head>
{noformat}

[1] https://www.mathjax.org/
[2] https://www.overleaf.com/learn/latex/Mathematical_expressions

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Doxia XHTML MathML support?

Gary Gregory-2
Would we improve our site's reliability by copying this file? It is ASL 2.0
it seems.

Gary

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 07:14 Claude Warren <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just to close this question.  I found that commons-math uses the mathjax
> javascript library[1] that produces equations from LaTEX mathematical
> equation format[2].   The mathjax library can be included in site xdoc
> files by including:
> {noformat}
> <head>
>     <script type="text/javascript" src="
>
> https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.1/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML
> "
> />
> </head>
> {noformat}
>
> [1] https://www.mathjax.org/
> [2] https://www.overleaf.com/learn/latex/Mathematical_expressions
>
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 7:43 PM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Maybe look at Commons Math?
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 25, 2020, 13:42 Claude Warren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I am attempting to use  XHTML generator as part of the
> > commons-collections
> > > site generation.  The document I have requires MathML which is part of
> > > HTML5 now.  But the XHTML and XHTML5 generators emit a warning for each
> > of
> > > the MathML tags that reads "[XHTML Sink] No HTML tag found for unknown
> > > event: 'math', ignoring!" or similar for other MathML tags.  Is there a
> > way
> > > to emit the MathML tags using the xdoc input format?
> > >
> > > I have a work around using the snippet macro but would like a cleaner
> > > solution.
> > >
> > > Claude
> > >
> > > --
> > > I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web
> > > <http://like-like.xenei.com>
> > > LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren
> > >

> --
> I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web
> <http://like-like.xenei.com>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren

Re: Doxia XHTML MathML support?

Claude Warren
Since it is on cloudeflare I think we are safe to reference it in place.
However we might want to put it in the site.xml file so that there is a
common version used across the site.  On the other hand, nobody but the
Bloom filter documentation is using the math formatting.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Doxia XHTML MathML support?

Gary Gregory-2