Does Nexus OSS only support PKCS#12 (.p12)?

Does Nexus OSS only support PKCS#12 (.p12)?

Dennys
I try to use Nexus OSS to connect to https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos/, but because Cloudera is HTTPS. According to http://books.sonatype.com/nexus-book/reference/ssl-sect-client-cert.html (please search "Manually Configuring Trust Stores"), it seems Nexus OSS needs PKCS#12 (.p12) format's certificate.

But PKCS#12 contains private key, I think most websites will not provide it, is it correct? I'm not familiar with security, please let me know is there any suggestion for it, thanks.

Re: Does Nexus OSS only support PKCS#12 (.p12)?

Ognjen Blagojevic-5
Dennys,

On 11.7.2014 5:41, Dennys wrote:
>  According to
> http://books.sonatype.com/nexus-book/reference/ssl-sect-client-cert.html
> (please search "Manually Configuring Trust Stores"), it seems Nexus OSS
> needs PKCS#12 (.p12) format's certificate.
>
> But PKCS#12 contains private key, I think most websites will not provide it,
> is it correct? I'm not familiar with security, please let me know is there
> any suggestion for it, thanks.

That is correct. Normal adminstrator will never ever provide you with
the private key.

Client certificate and corresponding private key is different thing from
server certificate (without private key). Section "Import the Server SSL
Chain" describes importing server certificate chain into the truststore.
  Section "Import the Client SSL Key/Certificate Pair" describes
importing client certificate and private key into the keystore.

-Ognjen