Does Block Proxy work?

justinedelson
One of the repositories we proxy went down (permanently I guess) this week and I expected to be able to select "Block Proxy" yet be able to keep the repository in service (from cache). But from the logs, it appears that Nexus is still trying to hit the external site.

I ended up taking the repsoitory out of service and redploying the one artifact we use from that repository to the 3rd party repository. But this was much more involved than right-clicking.

Thanks,
Justin

RE: Does Block Proxy work?

Brian E. Fox

Which logs are indicating it hits the external site? It should work and we’ll double check but if you have logs it will help.

One of the repositories we proxy went down (permanently I guess) this week and I expected to be able to select "Block Proxy" yet be able to keep the repository in service (from cache). But from the logs, it appears that Nexus is still trying to hit the external site.

I ended up taking the repsoitory out of service and redploying the one artifact we use from that repository to the 3rd party repository. But this was much more involved than right-clicking.

Thanks,

Justin

RE: Does Block Proxy work?

justinedelson
I turned on httpclient.wire DEBUG logging.