Quantcast

Doc generation plugin

Mimil
Hello,

I wonder if the API documentation generation plugin should not be based on
monodoc (http://www.mono-project.com/Monodoc). In reference to the jira
issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/NMAVEN-68.

monodoc is at least available on every OS which is maybe less the case for
Sandcastle Help File Builder (it also sounds to require a lot of other
tools).

What do you think about this?

PS: I personaly don't know anything on monodoc and neither sandcastle.

Regards,
Cedric,

Re: Doc generation plugin

brettporter
Administrator
The usual pattern would be to create a plugin for both so that users
can choose. We don't need to bless particular pieces of software.

If there is significant overlap between the plugins, factoring it into
a common component, or having one plugin that can exec both, is a
possibility too.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter