Dependencies with the same artifactId/groupId but a different type

Dependencies with the same artifactId/groupId but a different type

arikkfir
Hi,

I have a project with the following dependencies:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>mevenide</groupId>
            <artifactId>mevenide-core</artifactId>
            <version>0.8-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <properties>
                <idea.plugin.bundle>true</idea.plugin.bundle>
            </properties>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>mevenide</groupId>
            <artifactId>mevenide-core</artifactId>
            <version>0.8-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>src.jar</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>mevenide</groupId>
            <artifactId>mevenide-core</artifactId>
            <version>0.8-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>javadoc.jar</type>
        </dependency>

For some reason, maven (1.0.2) only downloads the first dependency - in this case, of type 'jar'. The others are never downloaded. I've tried emptying the repository to make sure they are not somehow cached.

It seems that maven does not correctly handle identical dependencies with only different types - is this true? Each of these dependencies DOES get downloaded if I comment the other two.

Thanks,
    Arik.

Re: Dependencies with the same artifactId/groupId but a different type

Julien Kirch
> It seems that maven does not correctly handle identical dependencies with only different types - is this true? Each of these dependencies DOES get downloaded if I comment the other two.

Hi,

It's a known issue in maven 1

Regards

Julein

Re: Dependencies with the same artifactId/groupId but a different type

arikkfir

>> It seems that maven does not correctly handle identical dependencies with
>> only different types - is this true? Each of these dependencies DOES get
>> downloaded if I comment the other two.
>
> Hi,
>
> It's a known issue in maven 1

Is there a way to go around it? Perhaps even manual dependency downloading
in maven.xml or something of the sort?

> Regards
>
> Julein

Re: Dependencies with the same artifactId/groupId but a different type

Brett Porter
put the first part of "type" into the version as a workaround.

- Brett

On 5/14/05, Arik Kfir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

David Jackman
This doesn't work.  It still ignores the second dependency that has the
same groupId and artifactId as a previous one.  Changing the artifactId
will get it noticed, so my workaround was to change the artifactId then
use the <jar> element to "fix" the filename back to what it should be
(with the original artifactId).  It's ugly but it works.

What does "known issue" in this case mean?  Is it something that is
going to be fixed?  In M1.1 or M2 timeframe?

..David..

put the first part of "type" into the version as a workaround.

- Brett

After I sent this I found this on the mail archive from 23 November 1994
(http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg14797.html):

"search the archives for more information (typically it refers to tlds).
Fixed in 1.1. The JIRA roadmap for 1.1 will have it listed. (1.0.1 does
not contain the fix, it is not backwards compatible)."

Is this still the case?

..David..

put the first part of "type" into the version as a workaround.

- Brett

Carlos Sanchez-2
Check
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1087