Customize the bundleFilename template used by the maven-ear-plugin?

Customize the bundleFilename template used by the maven-ear-plugin?

Eric B
Is there a way to customize the filename used by the maven-ear-plugin for
the different modules but in a general template way?

At the moment, the bundleFilename by default seems to be:
${artifactId}-${version}.${packaging}

I would like to prepend it with a $[groupId} as well.
${groupId}-${artifactId}-${version}.${packaging}

where the groupId/artifactId/version/packaging belong to the module in
question.

However, I do not want to manually specify each module bundleFilename
manually.

Is there a way to configure this using parameterization?

ex:
<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
   <configuration>

<bundleFilenameTemplate>${groupId}-${artifactId}-${version}.${packaging}</bundleFilenameTemplate>
??????
   </configuration>
</plugin>

Anything remotely similar exist, or anyway to achieve a similar
functionality?  If I use ${groupId}/etc in the module definition, it
actually uses the ${project.groupId} instead of the webmodule.groupId.

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Customize the bundleFilename template used by the maven-ear-plugin?

Have you checked the documentation about.. fileNameMapping

the following from the docs:

The file name mapping to use for all dependencies included in the EAR
file. The following values are valid standard, {code no-version}, full,
no-version-for-ejb. The standard means the filename is the artifactId
incl. the version of the artifact. The no-version means the files is
only the artifactId without the version. The full means the filename is
the groupId+artifactId+version of the artifact. The no-version-for-ejb
means the filename is the artifactId without the version in case of EJB
type.

Are you looking for something like that?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 20/06/17 19:21, Eric B wrote:

> Is there a way to customize the filename used by the maven-ear-plugin for
> the different modules but in a general template way?
>
> At the moment, the bundleFilename by default seems to be:
> ${artifactId}-${version}.${packaging}
>
> I would like to prepend it with a $[groupId} as well.
> ${groupId}-${artifactId}-${version}.${packaging}
>
> where the groupId/artifactId/version/packaging belong to the module in
> question.
>

> However, I do not want to manually specify each module bundleFilename
> manually.
>
> Is there a way to configure this using parameterization?
>
> ex:
> <plugin>
>     <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
>     <configuration>
>
> <bundleFilenameTemplate>${groupId}-${artifactId}-${version}.${packaging}</bundleFilenameTemplate>
> ??????
>     </configuration>
> </plugin>
>

> Anything remotely similar exist, or anyway to achieve a similar
> functionality?  If I use ${groupId}/etc in the module definition, it
> actually uses the ${project.groupId} instead of the webmodule.groupId.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Re: Customize the bundleFilename template used by the maven-ear-plugin?

Eric B
Yeah - I was actually just about to respond to my own mail to indicate
exactly that.   I don't know how I missed that the first time through the
doc - I think I was looking for a property named something differently.

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Eric

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>