Create own archetype with specific folder format according to settings

Create own archetype with specific folder format according to settings

Christian Wansart
Hello,

I am trying to create an own archetype which should create a specific folder structure inside the package given through
the groupId and artifactId. So let’s say I have this project structure:

>  my-app/pom.xml
>  my-app/src/main/java/models/DefaultUser.java
>  my-app/src/main/java/control/UserController.java

So, I do have some default implementations I need everywhere, but I also want to create some folders that will be empty.
So far I have not found a way to create empty folders. My goal is to create the following structure out of the above with
the groupId “my.group” and the artifactId “app”:

>  my-app/pom.xml
>  my-app/src/main/java/my/group/app/models/DefaultUser.java
>  my-app/src/main/java/my/group/app/control/UserController.java

Is it possible to copy files from a standard path to those generated paths?

Thanks in advance.
Christian

RE: Create own archetype with specific folder format according to settings

Yaron Golan
Hi,
Please take a look at:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html

Yaron Golan
CI/CD, ALM Team
AT&T Network Applications Development · SD&E
Tel Aviv | Tampa | Atlanta | New Jersey |Chicago
···········································································
Office: +972 (3) 976 5938
Mobile: +972 (54) 431 0632
I am trying to create an own archetype which should create a specific folder structure inside the package given through the groupId and artifactId. So let’s say I have this project structure:

>  my-app/pom.xml
>  my-app/src/main/java/models/DefaultUser.java
>  my-app/src/main/java/control/UserController.java

So, I do have some default implementations I need everywhere, but I also want to create some folders that will be empty.
So far I have not found a way to create empty folders. My goal is to create the following structure out of the above with the groupId “my.group” and the artifactId “app”:

>  my-app/pom.xml
>  my-app/src/main/java/my/group/app/models/DefaultUser.java
>  my-app/src/main/java/my/group/app/control/UserController.java

Is it possible to copy files from a standard path to those generated paths?

Thanks in advance.
Christian

Re: Create own archetype with specific folder format according to settings

Christian Wansart
Thank you for the link. I spend the last hours working on it and it finally works.

Sorry for bothering you guys here.

Best regards,
Christian