Continuous integration

Elliotte Rusty Harold
The various Maven repos don't seem to have any automatic continuous
integration presubmit checks. I found a Jenkins service but it's
somewhat out of date, doesn't cover most of our important repos, and
does not appear to integrate with Github:

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/

The two products I've used for this in the past on Github repos are
TravisCI and CircleCI. Both work well enough and are fee for open
source products, though I'm slightly more familiar with Travis
personally.

If this is something folks are interested in, I'm happy to pitch in on
setting this up. However there might be contractual issues between the
vendors and the Apache Foundation. Does anyone happen to know if this
is something Apache does? Or if there's a another type of CI other
projects are using for Github?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Continuous integration

Enrico Olivelli
Hi Elliotte,
This is a very long story.
For some repository we have Travis, and for some other repo we are
experimenting with github actions.

The real problem is that we want to test a patch against an huge matrix of
combinations: maven, java, os...

So we are using ASF Jenkins.
The problem is that only committers can trigger builds there (the matrix
job) due to security problems

So when you see a pr you (as committer) have to push a branch to asf
repository and jenkins will test it

I don't have time to write more today, sorry

The others can add more detailed info

Enrico