Confused about resolution of test-jar to WorkspaceRepository

Confused about resolution of test-jar to WorkspaceRepository

lorenzo
Hi,

I'm working on a Maven plugin[0] that interacts with the maven plugin
API v3.3.3.

The problem I'm encountering is that of these[1] two dependencies, the
former is resolved as a belonging to a RemoteRepository, whereas the
latter (the test-jar) to a WorkspaceRepository.

I don't understand why that is. Both are hosted on a remote Maven repo.

Is there something intrinsic in the test-jar type, or the test scope,
that causes the ArtifactDescriptorResult.getRepository()[2] method to
return objects of different classes?

Thanks!
Lorenzo

[0]:
https://github.com/ttuegel/mvn2nix-maven-plugin/tree/resolve-local-to-remote-repository
[1]:
https://github.com/kframework/k/blob/ad751f6c82cd2368cb5a9a33edbb91f8a0a1eea7/java-backend/pom.xml#L23-L34
[2]:
https://github.com/ttuegel/mvn2nix-maven-plugin/blob/resolve-local-to-remote-repository/src/main/java/org/nixos/mvn2nix/Mvn2NixMojo.java#L472

Re: Confused about resolution of test-jar to WorkspaceRepository

mgainty
fwik

 you can disable release/snapshot lookup for any repository from your settings.xml :
<!-- This will disable repository lookup that comesfrom transitive
dependencies
-->
        <!-- and that will make the build failed because of 403 HTTP error. -->
        <repository>
        <id>joinup-dss-thirdparty</id>
        <url>http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/site/sd-dss/maven2</url>
        <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
        </releases>
        <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
        </snapshots>
        </repository>
https://github.com/nowina-solutions/nexu/blob/master/pom.xml
[https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/13678937?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/nowina-solutions/nexu/blob/master/pom.xml>

nexu/pom.xml at master · nowina-solutions/nexu · GitHub<https://github.com/nowina-solutions/nexu/blob/master/pom.xml>
GitHub is where people build software. More than 28 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 85 million projects.
github.com

if you need finer grain control over repositories you may want to consider repo-manager:
nexus, cloudera, artifactory
M-