Configure Nexus using API REST

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Hello,

In advance, Happy Christmas for all.

Is it possible to set up SMTP settings using Nexus API REST?

It seems that it isn´t possible:
https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings.html

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Fwd: Configure Nexus using API REST

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Is it possible to set up SMTP settings using Nexus API REST?

It seems that it isn´t possible:
https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings.html

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone <a href="tel:%2B34%20664%20000%20629" value="+34664000629">+34 664 000 629
work phone <a href="tel:%2B%2034%20954%20894%20322" value="+34954894322">+ 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Configure Nexus using API REST

Stuart McCulloch-2
On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 19:58, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto wrote:
Hello,

In advance, Happy Christmas for all.

Is it possible to set up SMTP settings using Nexus API REST?
The global_settings endpoint just returns a list of configuration names: basically just "default" and "current"

There’s a separate endpoint to get and put the configuration for each of these names:

For example:

curl -u myAdminUser:myAdminPassword 'http://myNexusHost:8081/nexus/service/local/global_settings/current'

will return the current global settings (which includes the SMTP settings)

You can then amend those settings and PUT the updated configuration back to the "nexus/service/local/global_settings/current" endpoint.

Cheers, Stuart
It seems that it isn´t possible:

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322

Re: Configure Nexus using API REST

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Hello,

Thanks so much. I don't know why I didn't see this section.

Regards,

On 3 January 2015 at 01:29, Stuart McCulloch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 19:58, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> In advance, Happy Christmas for all.
>
> Is it possible to set up SMTP settings using Nexus API REST?
>
> The global_settings endpoint just returns a list of configuration names:
> basically just "default" and "current"
>
> There’s a separate endpoint to get and put the configuration for each of
> these names:
>
> https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings_-configName-.html
>
> For example:
>
> curl -u myAdminUser:myAdminPassword
> 'http://myNexusHost:8081/nexus/service/local/global_settings/current'
>
> will return the current global settings (which includes the SMTP settings)
>
> You can then amend those settings and PUT the updated configuration back to
> the "nexus/service/local/global_settings/current" endpoint.
>
> —
> Cheers, Stuart
>
> It seems that it isn´t possible:
> https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings.html

> Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
> Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle
>
> mobile phone +34 664 000 629
> work phone + 34 954 894 322
> www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Configure Nexus using API REST

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Hello Stuart,

It seems that "New version available" section does not belong to
"Global Settings".
Is there any way to modify this param? Using API Rest...

Regards,

On 3 January 2015 at 01:29, Stuart McCulloch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 19:58, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> In advance, Happy Christmas for all.
>
> Is it possible to set up SMTP settings using Nexus API REST?
>
> The global_settings endpoint just returns a list of configuration names:
> basically just "default" and "current"
>
> There’s a separate endpoint to get and put the configuration for each of
> these names:
>
> https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings_-configName-.html
>
> For example:
>
> curl -u myAdminUser:myAdminPassword
> 'http://myNexusHost:8081/nexus/service/local/global_settings/current'
>
> will return the current global settings (which includes the SMTP settings)
>
> You can then amend those settings and PUT the updated configuration back to
> the "nexus/service/local/global_settings/current" endpoint.
>
> —
> Cheers, Stuart
>
> It seems that it isn´t possible:
> https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings.html

> Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
> Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle
>
> mobile phone +34 664 000 629
> work phone + 34 954 894 322
> www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Configure Nexus using API REST

Peter Lynch-2
Hi Manuel,

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Stuart,

It seems that "New version available" section does not belong to
"Global Settings".
Is there any way to modify this param? Using API Rest...

All Nexus 2.x UI uses some sort of REST calls. You may find this video an informative way to learn what payloads are being sent to save certain data.

http://youtu.be/5k8_tJVk4BQ

Regards,

On 3 January 2015 at 01:29, Stuart McCulloch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 19:58, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> In advance, Happy Christmas for all.
>
> Is it possible to set up SMTP settings using Nexus API REST?
>
> The global_settings endpoint just returns a list of configuration names:
> basically just "default" and "current"
>
> There’s a separate endpoint to get and put the configuration for each of
> these names:
>
> https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings_-configName-.html
>
> For example:
>
> curl -u myAdminUser:myAdminPassword
> 'http://myNexusHost:8081/nexus/service/local/global_settings/current'
>
> will return the current global settings (which includes the SMTP settings)
>
> You can then amend those settings and PUT the updated configuration back to
> the "nexus/service/local/global_settings/current" endpoint.
>
> —
> Cheers, Stuart
>
> It seems that it isn´t possible:
> https://repository.sonatype.org/nexus-restlet1x-plugin/default/docs/path__global_settings.html

> Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
> Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle
>
> mobile phone <a href="tel:%2B34%20664%20000%20629" value="+34664000629">+34 664 000 629
> work phone <a href="tel:%2B%2034%20954%20894%20322" value="+34954894322">+ 34 954 894 322
> www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone <a href="tel:%2B34%20664%20000%20629" value="+34664000629">+34 664 000 629
work phone <a href="tel:%2B%2034%20954%20894%20322" value="+34954894322">+ 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Configure Nexus using API REST

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Hello Peter,

Thanks so much.
My Ansible Playbook now is looking better. I've automated all my
custom configuration.

Regards,