Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jamie Bisotti
Are there any plans to add the Cobertura code coverage tool plugin
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJCOVERAGE-25) to Maven 1.1?  1.2?
2.0?  It seems to work very well; just a bit of a pain to install at
the moment.

--
Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Carlos Sanchez-2
Hi,

As I've commented in the JIRA issue the plugin can be hosted in SF
http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/ and if everything goes ok it
could be added to the maven distribution.

Regards

On 6/7/05, Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there any plans to add the Cobertura code coverage tool plugin
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJCOVERAGE-25) to Maven 1.1?  1.2?
> 2.0?  It seems to work very well; just a bit of a pain to install at
> the moment.
>
> --
> Jamie Bisotti
> Software Engineer
> Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jeff Jensen
It seems you have successfully installed and run it.  Will you share some
instructions on how to set up the in-progress plugin using the latest plugin
attached to bug 25 please? (pretty puhleeease!? ;-)

Quoting Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]>:

> Are there any plans to add the Cobertura code coverage tool plugin
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJCOVERAGE-25) to Maven 1.1?  1.2?
> 2.0?  It seems to work very well; just a bit of a pain to install at
> the moment.
>
> --
> Jamie Bisotti
> Software Engineer
> Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jamie Bisotti
1. Download maven-cobertura-plugin-1.4.jar, which is attached to the
JIRA issue; place it in MAVEN_HOME/plugins
2. Download cobertura (from the sourceforge site); and unpack it locally.
3. Copy cobertura-1.4/lib/asm/2.0.RC1/asm-2.0.RC1.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/asm/jars/asm-2.0.RC1.jar
4. Copy cobertura-1.4/lib/ncss/21.41/javancss.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/ncss/jars/javancss-21.41.jar
5. Copy cobertura-1.4/lib/ncss/21.41/ccl.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/ncss/jars/ccl-21.41.jar
6. Copy cobertura-1.4/cobertura.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/cobertura/jars/cobertura-1.4.jar

That's it!  Now, from the command line, you can execute the
cobertura:html-report goal, which will produce
target/docs/cobertura/index.html.  If you want the report included in
the generated site, just add <report>maven-cobertura-plugin</report>
to the <reports> section of project.xml.

HTHs

On 6/7/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems you have successfully installed and run it.  Will you share some
> instructions on how to set up the in-progress plugin using the latest plugin
> attached to bug 25 please? (pretty puhleeease!? ;-)
>

> Quoting Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Are there any plans to add the Cobertura code coverage tool plugin
> > (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJCOVERAGE-25) to Maven 1.1?  1.2?
> > 2.0?  It seems to work very well; just a bit of a pain to install at
> > the moment.
> >
> > --
> > Jamie Bisotti
> > Software Engineer
> > Lexmark International, Inc.

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

RE: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Will Gwaltney

I'm currently working on a Cobertura plugin for Maven 2, and will contribute it to the Cobertura site (or some other appropriate place) as soon as it's ready.

Will Gwaltney
SAS Institute
[hidden email]
919-531-9025
"mathematics is not just a cultural activity that we ourselves have created, but it has a life of its own" - Roger Penrose

On 6/7/05, Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there any plans to add the Cobertura code coverage tool plugin
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJCOVERAGE-25) to Maven 1.1?  1.2?
> 2.0?  It seems to work very well; just a bit of a pain to install at
> the moment.
>
> --
> Jamie Bisotti
> Software Engineer
> Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jamie Bisotti
Any chance of back porting it to 1.x?

On 6/7/05, Will Gwaltney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm currently working on a Cobertura plugin for Maven 2, and will contribute it to the Cobertura site (or some other appropriate place) as soon as it's ready.

> Will Gwaltney
> SAS Institute
> [hidden email]
> 919-531-9025
> "mathematics is not just a cultural activity that we ourselves have created, but it has a life of its own" - Roger Penrose

Thank you very much!!  Works great!  :-)

(I had missed putting into plugins dir in step 1, but had the others.  At
least now I understand what I misunderstood!  Thanks again!).

1. Download maven-cobertura-plugin-1.4.jar, which is attached to the JIRA
issue; place it in MAVEN_HOME/plugins

2. Download cobertura (from the sourceforge site); and unpack it locally.

3. Copy cobertura-1.4/lib/asm/2.0.RC1/asm-2.0.RC1.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/asm/jars/asm-2.0.RC1.jar

4. Copy cobertura-1.4/lib/ncss/21.41/javancss.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/ncss/jars/javancss-21.41.jar

5. Copy cobertura-1.4/lib/ncss/21.41/ccl.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/ncss/jars/ccl-21.41.jar

6. Copy cobertura-1.4/cobertura.jar to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%/.maven/repository/cobertura/jars/cobertura-1.4.jar

That's it!  Now, from the command line, you can execute the
cobertura:html-report goal, which will produce
target/docs/cobertura/index.html.  If you want the report included in the
generated site, just add <report>maven-cobertura-plugin</report>
to the <reports> section of project.xml.

HTHs

On 6/7/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems you have successfully installed and run it.  Will you share
> some instructions on how to set up the in-progress plugin using the
> latest plugin attached to bug 25 please? (pretty puhleeease!? ;-)
>

> Quoting Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Are there any plans to add the Cobertura code coverage tool plugin
> > (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJCOVERAGE-25) to Maven 1.1?  1.2?
> > 2.0?  It seems to work very well; just a bit of a pain to install at
> > the moment.
> >
> > --
> > Jamie Bisotti
> > Software Engineer
> > Lexmark International, Inc.

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

RE: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jörg Schaible-2
Carlos,

Carlos Sanchez wrote on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:36 PM:
> Hi,
>
> As I've commented in the JIRA issue the plugin can be hosted
> in SF http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/ and if everything
> goes ok it could be added to the maven distribution.

What's the point in keeping jcoverage plugin then? JCoverage itself has serveral problems and fixes did not get applied by the jcoverage team. That was the main reason for the cobertura fork anyway.

- Jörg

RE: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jeff Jensen
Not ever having used it...does the commercial JCoverage version work well?

If so, then I suggest keeping it on the page for those happily using it and
add a note stating the couple of important issues/problems and point to
Cobertura.

Carlos Sanchez wrote on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:36 PM:
> Hi,
>
> As I've commented in the JIRA issue the plugin can be hosted in SF
> http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/ and if everything goes ok it
> could be added to the maven distribution.

What's the point in keeping jcoverage plugin then? JCoverage itself has
serveral problems and fixes did not get applied by the jcoverage team. That
was the main reason for the cobertura fork anyway.

- Jörg

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Carlos Sanchez-2

We can leave the jcoverage plugin as is, there's no need to remove it.

I suggested starting a new project in SF so this guys could easily
work on it and later it could be added to the main distribution. If
not, I may find the time to create a new plugin in apache but then
apache comitters would need to make the patches, releases, etc.

I'd like to see opinions on this, having tha plugin in a JIRA issue is
not the best way.

Regards

Carlos

On 6/7/05, Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Carlos,
>
> Carlos Sanchez wrote on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:36 PM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I've commented in the JIRA issue the plugin can be hosted
> > in SF http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/ and if everything
> > goes ok it could be added to the maven distribution.
>
> What's the point in keeping jcoverage plugin then? JCoverage itself has serveral problems and fixes did not get applied by the jcoverage team. That was the main reason for the cobertura fork anyway.
>
> - Jörg

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Jamie Bisotti
I've started working on this locally (in what little bit of spare time
I manage to find).  How would I go about getting included in the
Maven-Plugins Sourceforge project?

On 6/8/05, Carlos Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We can leave the jcoverage plugin as is, there's no need to remove it.
>
> I suggested starting a new project in SF so this guys could easily
> work on it and later it could be added to the main distribution. If
> not, I may find the time to create a new plugin in apache but then
> apache comitters would need to make the patches, releases, etc.
>
> I'd like to see opinions on this, having tha plugin in a JIRA issue is
> not the best way.
>
> Regards
>
> Carlos
>
> On 6/7/05, Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Carlos,
> >
> > Carlos Sanchez wrote on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:36 PM:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > As I've commented in the JIRA issue the plugin can be hosted
> > > in SF http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/ and if everything
> > > goes ok it could be added to the maven distribution.
> >
> > What's the point in keeping jcoverage plugin then? JCoverage itself has serveral problems and fixes did not get applied by the jcoverage team. That was the main reason for the cobertura fork anyway.
> >
> > - Jörg

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Brett Porter
send a mail to the developer list at maven-plugins.sf.net. Include
your sourceforge username.

(sorry for the duplicate Jamie, I accidentally dropped the list from
the first reply)

On 6/9/05, Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've started working on this locally (in what little bit of spare time
> I manage to find).  How would I go about getting included in the
> Maven-Plugins Sourceforge project?

Re: Cobertura code coverage tool plugin?

Carlos Sanchez-2
I've created a new "cobertura" cvs folder for you with initial files.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/maven-plugins/maven-plugins/cobertura/