Checkout problems

Chedly GUERFALI
Hello all,
Could someone tell me why the scm:checkout goal deletes the
maven.scm.checkout.dir each checkout ?
How getting an append to this directory.
I resolved my last problem of overriding this maven.scm.checkout.dir by
setting a new parameter in the plugin.properties and affecting it to the
directory I want.
Chedly

Re: Checkout problems

Joachim Sautter-3
Chedly GUERFALI wrote:

>Hello all,
>Could someone tell me why the scm:checkout goal deletes the
>maven.scm.checkout.dir each checkout ?
>How getting an append to this directory.
>I resolved my last problem of overriding this maven.scm.checkout.dir by
>setting a new parameter in the plugin.properties and affecting it to the
>directory I want.
>Chedly

Using checkout-project this will solve your problem

Re: Checkout problems

Brett Porter
checkout is a clean checkout. update is meant to be used to update an
existing checkout.

- Brett

On 6/8/05, Chedly GUERFALI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> Could someone tell me why the scm:checkout goal deletes the
> maven.scm.checkout.dir each checkout ?
> How getting an append to this directory.
> I resolved my last problem of overriding this maven.scm.checkout.dir by
> setting a new parameter in the plugin.properties and affecting it to the
> directory I want.
> Chedly

RE: Checkout problems

Chedly GUERFALI
Thank you Brett,
but isn't it possible to have several checkouts in the same directory ?

Chedly

checkout is a clean checkout. update is meant to be used to update an
existing checkout.

- Brett

On 6/8/05, Chedly GUERFALI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> Could someone tell me why the scm:checkout goal deletes the
> maven.scm.checkout.dir each checkout ?
> How getting an append to this directory.
> I resolved my last problem of overriding this maven.scm.checkout.dir by
> setting a new parameter in the plugin.properties and affecting it to the
> directory I want.
> Chedly

Re: Checkout problems

Brett Porter
Yes, but the checkout directory is meant to be the end directory, not
the base with a subdirectory under it. Is this not what you are
seeing? What SCM are you using?

- Brett

On 6/8/05, Chedly GUERFALI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Brett,
> but isn't it possible to have several checkouts in the same directory ?
>
> Chedly

RE: Checkout problems

Chedly GUERFALI
I am using SVN.
But I don't want to have different subdirectories under the checkout
directory. I want all the checkout files from different URLs under the same
directory.

Chedly

Yes, but the checkout directory is meant to be the end directory, not
the base with a subdirectory under it. Is this not what you are
seeing? What SCM are you using?

- Brett

On 6/8/05, Chedly GUERFALI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Brett,
> but isn't it possible to have several checkouts in the same directory ?
>
> Chedly

Re: Checkout problems

Joachim Sautter-3
Chedly GUERFALI wrote:

>I am using SVN.
>But I don't want to have different subdirectories under the checkout
>directory. I want all the checkout files from different URLs under the same
>directory.
>
>Chedly

Maybe a solution for you:
Extend your checkout.dir by the attribute maven.scm.svn.module. So every
of your projects will be in a subdirectory under checkout.
When you want to everything in the same directory your projects need
different source - directories.