Quantcast

Check if parameter is explicitly set

András Kerekes
Hi,

I'm working on a Maven plugin and I'd like to check whether a parameter for
a Mojo has been explicitly set by the user (via POM), or it contains the
default value. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
 András

Re: Check if parameter is explicitly set

Tibor Digana
Try to put a break point to setter but you won't distinguish between user
and default value.

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

On 13/04/17 02:05, András Kerekes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a Maven plugin and I'd like to check whether a parameter for
> a Mojo has been explicitly set by the user (via POM), or it contains the
> default value. Is there a way to do this?

Maybe I misunderstand a thing but why do you need to distinguish between
those two? Isn't that why defaultValue exist?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Check if parameter is explicitly set

András Kerekes
Hey,

Sure, let me give you more context. The parameter has a default value that
users can override. But if they don't set it and another condition is true
(some file exists in the project), then we want to use a different value, a
different default. Maybe the best is to remove the default value, and in
the Mojo's execute() if it's null (the user didn't set it) we can decide
what value to assign to it based on the mentioned condition.

András

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 02:41 Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 13/04/17 02:05, András Kerekes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on a Maven plugin and I'd like to check whether a parameter
> for
> > a Mojo has been explicitly set by the user (via POM), or it contains the
> > default value. Is there a way to do this?
>
> Maybe I misunderstand a thing but why do you need to distinguish between
> those two? Isn't that why defaultValue exist?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Check if parameter is explicitly set

Robert Scholte-6
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:39:44 +0200, András Kerekes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Sure, let me give you more context. The parameter has a default value
> that
> users can override. But if they don't set it and another condition is
> true
> (some file exists in the project), then we want to use a different
> value, a
> different default. Maybe the best is to remove the default value, and in
> the Mojo's execute() if it's null (the user didn't set it) we can decide
> what value to assign to it based on the mentioned condition.

Right, a *conditional* default value should not be treated as a default
value.