Cactus - Eclipse - Maven

Anagnost, Ted
I'm running Cactus which starts up a temporary Tomcat installation in order
to run tests.   But, I have no way of
remote debugging those tests unless I configure a remote debug launcher in
Eclipse to connect to Tomcat  - but I have to
connect manually after Cactus starts Tomcat.

Is there a way in Maven to do the same thing: run cactus:test then connect
to Tomcat for remote debugging?

Re: Cactus - Eclipse - Maven

Felipe Leme
Hi Ted,

You can set the MAVEN_OPTS to run Java in debug mode:

MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y

After you set this property you run "maven cactus:test" (or whatever goal you want to debug) and it will block, waiting for a debug connection.

You can go to Eclipse then , select the "Run -> Debug"  window and craete a new "Remote Java Application" configuration, passing the port you set on MAVEN_OPTS (8787 in this case). Once you run this configuration on debug, that blocked maven session will continue and you will be able to debug it from Eclipse.

-- Felipe