Bypass compliation error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bypass compliation error

RobJac
I am not able to build a project since there are some uncompilable class files in my project. How do I by pass compilation failures in my project and let maven compile the other java files in my project that are actually compilable and build a project for me with the compiled files alone?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bypass compliation error

Ben Short-4
Have a look at the compiler plugin. there is a excludes parameter for
the plugin. But I dont know how to use it.

Maybe comment out the source code that makes the classes fail? Or if
the files are checked into source control remove them from your local
machine. Neither are good sloutions.

Ben

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/compile-mojo.html

On 5/30/06, RobJac <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> I am not able to build a project since there are some uncompilable class
> files in my project. How do I by pass compilation failures in my project and
> let maven compile the other java files in my project that are actually
> compilable and build a project for me with the compiled files alone?
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Bypass+compliation+error-t1705845.html#a4630601
> Sent from the Maven - Users forum at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bypass compliation error

RobJac
i have checked it out, the exclude parameter tries to remove that file from the build and thus avoid compiling that file. This leads to more maintainance of the pom xml since i need to keep adding files to the pom xml which are not compilable and then remove it once it becomes compilable.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bypass compliation error

Wayne Fay
Easy solution: Stop writing code that doesn't compile. ;-)

How in the world did you manage to get in this situation, with
multiple files that just don't compile for some reason or another at
any given time in a project?

Wayne

On 5/30/06, RobJac <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> i have checked it out, the exclude parameter tries to remove that file from
> the build and thus avoid compiling that file. This leads to more
> maintainance of the pom xml since i need to keep adding files to the pom xml
> which are not compilable and then remove it once it becomes compilable.
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Bypass+compliation+error-t1705845.html#a4631357
> Sent from the Maven - Users forum at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bypass compliation error

Ben Short-4
Easy solution: Stop writing code that doesn't compile. ;-)

Hehe

Yes that was my other thought.

Ben

On 5/30/06, Wayne Fay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Easy solution: Stop writing code that doesn't compile. ;-)
>
> How in the world did you manage to get in this situation, with
> multiple files that just don't compile for some reason or another at
> any given time in a project?
>
> Wayne
>
> On 5/30/06, RobJac <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > i have checked it out, the exclude parameter tries to remove that file from
> > the build and thus avoid compiling that file. This leads to more
> > maintainance of the pom xml since i need to keep adding files to the pom xml
> > which are not compilable and then remove it once it becomes compilable.
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Bypass+compliation+error-t1705845.html#a4631357
> > Sent from the Maven - Users forum at Nabble.com.
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bypass compliation error

RobJac
We are in an iterative mode of project. So there will be developement undergoing in a project during Testing for a previous iteration. So there will be chances of having uncompiled code in  a project  which can be totally ignored. Any ways thanks for the advice :-)