Building multi-module project using -pl

Kypros Chrysanthou
Hello,

I'm trying to build a multi-module project (along with its submodules)
using the -pl option.
When passing the aggregate module to -pl the submodules are not picked up.

If I use the -amd option, the submodules that are also child modules (i.e.
they define the aggregate module as parent) are picked up.

I would expect that -am would "also make" the submodules but it seems that
they are not identified as dependencies.

I have created a dummy project for this:
https://github.com/chkypros/aggregation

Any advice/thought on why this is so would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if this behaviour is expected, how should I go about doing this?

Kind regards,
Kypros Chrysanthou