Best approach to creating internal central repository

Best approach to creating internal central repository

Chuck Canning
We want to limit our Maven access to an internal repository only. I was wondering what is the best way to:

1) populate the Nexus repository with the initial maven artifacts from an external repo (ie. Maven central)
2) lock down the Nexus repo to stop using external repo
3) download new artifacts into the repo after it is locked down

Any help/pointers is greatly appreciated.

Chuck

RE: Best approach to creating internal central repository

Chuck Canning
Okay,

1) occurs when I build using maven. It did not happen when I used a build with the maven ant tasks (but I think I had the dependencies task configured incorrectly.

2) seems like simple config

3) I am trying to find the upload feature of beta4 snapshot (june 30 build), but I can't seem to fidn the feature.

Chuck

RE: Best approach to creating internal central repository

Brian E. Fox

Chuck, you can setup a proxy repo to get the contents into your local Nexus cache, and then block the remote. This will stop it from retrieving artifacts from the remote repo, effectively locking it down. The upload is available from the repo maintenance screen if you right click on the repo. This isn’t available for Proxy repos however. That means you would have to convert from a proxy to a hosted repo. You can do this simply by deleting the repo and then reading it with the same location on disk (delete doesn’t remove the contents on disk).

--Brian

Chuck

RE: Best approach to creating internal central repository

Chuck Canning
Thanks. Yeah, I just found the upload when on the 3rd party cache. Thanks for the info. I am hoping to be up and running today. The upload is nice because I don't have to keep flushing the cache.