Artifact size limit / large archives in Nexus?

Artifact size limit / large archives in Nexus?

Kempken, S (Sebastian)

Hello,

for current projects, we have to handle large vendor-provided software packages (several gigabytes). In the projects, customizations are developed based on these packages.

I’d like to store all 1st and 3rd party dependencies in one central location. In the end, this means I’d end up putting zipped DVD images in Nexus. Is this a good idea? Are there any performance difficulties to be expected? Do you already have expericences working with large archives in Nexus?

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.

Re: Artifact size limit / large archives in Nexus?

Rich Seddon
Very large uploads are not a problem as long as you deploy them via PUT request to /content URL's.  Most build tools (including Maven) use this.

If you use UI upload or directly use the REST API it does a POST request, this can cause problems for large uploads.  More info can be found here:
Rich