Are Maven snapshots available somewhere ?

Are Maven snapshots available somewhere ?

François Guillot
Hi,

I'm interested to test my current work on the latest official Maven
version, but also the latest snapshot (now that would be 3.6.1-SNAPSHOT).
Is it published and publicly available somewhere ?

Thanks,
François

Re: Are Maven snapshots available somewhere ?

Tamás Cservenák
Howdy.

there are published here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.6.1-SNAPSHOT/

Thanks

On 24.01.19 13:23, François Guillot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested to test my current work on the latest official Maven
> version, but also the latest snapshot (now that would be 3.6.1-SNAPSHOT).
> Is it published and publicly available somewhere ?

this could be fetched here (current master):

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/master/139/artifact/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.6.1-SNAPSHOT/

You need to check the "139" cause this is the current build
number...maybe you need to update this...

kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Are Maven snapshots available somewhere ?

Mykola Nikishov-2
Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> writes:

>> I'm interested to test my current work on the latest official Maven
>> version, but also the latest snapshot (now that would be 3.6.1-SNAPSHOT).
>> Is it published and publicly available somewhere ?
>
> this could be fetched here (current master):
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/master/139/artifact/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.6.1-SNAPSHOT/
>
> You need to check the "139" cause this is the current build
> number...maybe you need to update this...

Exactly, when user is interested in -SNAPSHOT artifacts (and seems that
OP does), this URL is too specific and unstable: chances are job #139
and it's artifacts would expire pretty soon. This one fits better:

    https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.6.1-SNAPSHOT/

as it points to last successful build whatever it might be.

--
Mykola

Libre/Free Java Software Engineer
https://manandbytes.gitlab.io/