Any ETA for maven-javadoc-plugin 3.0.0?

Mark Raynsford
'Lo.

I'm in the process of converting a ton of projects to Java 9 and am
currently blocked on MJAVADOC-498[0]. The issue has actually been
fixed, it just hasn't made it to a release yet.

If 3.0.0 isn't due for a while yet, is there any chance of getting a
3.0.0-M2?

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAVADOC-498

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: Any ETA for maven-javadoc-plugin 3.0.0?

Mark Raynsford
'Ello.

On 2017-11-11T14:40:16 +0100
"Robert Scholte" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd hope to do a release this month. Not sure if it'll be a M2 or not,
> depends if all 3.0.0 prerequisites are met.

Right.

From what I can see, only MJAVADOC-475 is not really *critical* to the
release as it's just a new feature. The other two issues, MJAVADOC-457
and MJAVADOC-499, seem to be important. The former has been fixed, and
the latter appears to be leaning towards being rejected. I would really
appreciate an M2 release if MJAVADOC-475 is going to otherwise delay
3.0.0.

If there's anything I can do to assist, I'm available. Right now,
MJAVADOC-498 would appear to prevent the deployment of any modular
project to Maven Central: If module A in the project depends
on module B, then JavaDoc cannot be generated. This would necessitate
adding a temporary workaround that submits an empty javadoc jar to
Central (otherwise the Central ruleset rejects the deployment due to
missing JavaDoc). I have some 30-40 projects that are itching to be
deployed but can't be unless I add a workaround or build and deploy a
custom version of the plugin myself. I'd obviously prefer not to have
to do that.

On 2017-11-12T15:15:49 +0100
"Robert Scholte" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MJAVADOC-475 is about replacing a parameter, which makes it as critical as
> MJAVADOC-457.
> We just consider 3.0.0 to be THE version to be able to do a cleanup, hence
> MJAVADOC-475 must be fixed as well.
>
> The good news is: MJAVADOC-457 and MJAVADOC-475 are finished. I don't see
> any deprecated parameters anymore.
>
> MJAVADOC-499 is a too dangerous proposal for me. So I don't mind moving
> that issue forward, it is not critical for 3.0.0, there is a workaround
> (or preferred solution depending on who you ask) for this issue.
>
> Which means I can prepare the release this week.
> Just need to ensure all CI servers still accept the changes.
OK, thanks!

I look forward to it.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com