Add Dependency - Nothing happens

insom
I'm trying to add a dependency to my project using m2Eclipse. I can bring up the "Add Dependency" dialog that says "Enter groupId, artifactId...", but I can't get anything to appear in the Search Results.

Other posts on the forum say to check out the Maven Indexes view. When I pull up Maven Indexes I see two indexes, titled "workspace" and "local : C:\Documents and Settings\mydir\.m2\repository". The "local" one is entirely empty. The "workspace" one contains a single war, which is the war I get when I run "mvn package" on my project.

Does anyone know how I can make this work? I'm using Windows XP, Eclipse 3.4.1, and m2Eclipse 0.9.6.20080905-0917.

Re: Add Dependency - Nothing happens

Eugene Kuleshov

  The local index can be refreshed from the popup menu on an entry in
Maven Indexes view.
  Indexes for remote Maven repositories can be also added using actions
in the Maven Indexes view or install "Maven Central Repository index"
feature to get default Maven central index automatically.

  regards,
  Eugene

insom wrote:

> I'm trying to add a dependency to my project using m2Eclipse. I can bring up
> the "Add Dependency" dialog that says "Enter groupId, artifactId...", but I
> can't get anything to appear in the Search Results.
>
> Other posts on the forum say to check out the Maven Indexes view. When I
> pull up Maven Indexes I see two indexes, titled "workspace" and "local :
> C:\Documents and Settings\mydir\.m2\repository". The "local" one is entirely
> empty. The "workspace" one contains a single war, which is the war I get
> when I run "mvn package" on my project.
>
> Does anyone know how I can make this work? I'm using Windows XP, Eclipse
> 3.4.1, and m2Eclipse 0.9.6.20080905-0917.

Re: Add Dependency - Nothing happens

insom
Thanks. In the end, the problem was because I had my Maven repo under "Documents and Settings", and the spaces were throwing things off.

Eugene Kuleshov wrote
  The local index can be refreshed from the popup menu on an entry in
Maven Indexes view.
  Indexes for remote Maven repositories can be also added using actions
in the Maven Indexes view or install "Maven Central Repository index"
feature to get default Maven central index automatically.

  regards,
  Eugene

Re: Add Dependency - Nothing happens

WayneRiesterer
Hello :)

I know this is an old post, but I just faced the same problem right here and now (11/07/2013) and maybe someone might stumble across this thread looking for some help with it.

Well, I am using Eclipse Kepler (2013) and also had nothing showing up in the search results.

I did this:

(Menu) Window -> Show View -> Other -> Maven -> Maven Repositories

In the window that appears:

Right-click on Global Repositories and select "Go Into"
Right-click on "central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)" and select "Rebuild Index"

It took some time to complete the download. While the index is downloading/rebuilding, the text "central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)" is italicized. Once it is finished, it goes back to normal text (non-italic).

After this, you can then:

Right-click on the project -> Maven -> Add Dependency and start typing (such as "hibernate") and the search results will auto-fill in the "Search Results" box below.

Best of luck - Wayne Riesterer

Re: Add Dependency - Nothing happens

prav
In my  case am using eclipse neon and i closed neon before doing the following

I tried giving proxy settings in settings.xml in both global and local repositories.

Then cleared nexus folder from D:\eclipsNeon\workspace\eclipseworkspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.core\nexus

Now reopened eclipse clicked on central repository http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 and right clicked for full enabled index and then rebuild the index

while rebuilding was happening for a longtime with 0% and ended

Then i clicked add button on depnedencies and typed spring* in search nothing got displayed..

I did all possible that were suggested on the net...but frustrated with the problem..please someone show light on this