About subversion dependency

rialf04
Hi, I am very much new in maven. I am trying to build a project that is dependent on other project build based on svn repository.

 <scm>
     <connection>scm:svn:svn://ral:password@localhost/tiger/</connection>
     <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://ral:password@localhost/tiger/</developerConnection>
 </scm>
 <dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>MavenDemoLib</groupId>
        <artifactId>MavenDemoLib</artifactId>
        <version>0.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

When I bulid the project, it says that "MavenDemoLib" is missing and try to download it manually. It doesn't resolve the dependency through the connection given in scm. I have been trying to resolve this issue for couple if days but unable. I would be very thankful to you for the suggestion.

/Rizwan

Re: About subversion dependency

Emmanuel Venisse-2
The scm url isn't use to download dependencies but it is use only by some plugins (release, changelog, scm) and tools (Continuum) to look at source code.

Your dependency must be in a maven repository (local or remote)

Emmanuel