Abotu java.io.tmpdir

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Hello,

Is there any reason to modify "java.io.tmpdir"?

Nexus OSS (WAR) 2.8.0-05 deployed on Apache Tomcat modifies this JRE property.
This change affect to other applications deployed on the same Apache Tomcat.

Thanks in advance.

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Abotu java.io.tmpdir

Jason Dillon-3
The reason it does this is to align the value into the sonatype-work/nexus/tmp directory and resolve it fully.

WAR-based deployment of Nexus is not supported or recommended means to deploy the Nexus application.  The official OSS or PRO distribution bundles are the recommended and preferred means to deploy Nexus.

You are however free do as you like and if you find issues with it, it is open-source, so you are free to change it to suite your needs.

—jason

On May 9, 2014 at 2:35:24 PM, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hello,

Is there any reason to modify "java.io.tmpdir"?

Nexus OSS (WAR) 2.8.0-05 deployed on Apache Tomcat modifies this JRE property.
This change affect to other applications deployed on the same Apache Tomcat.

Thanks in advance.

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Abotu java.io.tmpdir

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto-2
Hello Jason,

Thanks so much.
I don't think that your explanation will be a technical reason.

WAR-based deployment of Nexus works fine. I'm deploying Nexus on
Apache Tomcat 8.
The only thing "a bit strange" is modifying this JRE property.

Would it possible to use the default value for this property?

Regards,

On 9 May 2014 23:44, Jason Dillon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The reason it does this is to align the value into the
> sonatype-work/nexus/tmp directory and resolve it fully.
>
> WAR-based deployment of Nexus is not supported or recommended means to
> deploy the Nexus application.  The official OSS or PRO distribution bundles
> are the recommended and preferred means to deploy Nexus.
>
> You are however free do as you like and if you find issues with it, it is
> open-source, so you are free to change it to suite your needs.
>
> —jason
>

> On May 9, 2014 at 2:35:24 PM, Manuel Jesús Recena Soto ([hidden email])
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there any reason to modify "java.io.tmpdir"?
>
> Nexus OSS (WAR) 2.8.0-05 deployed on Apache Tomcat modifies this JRE
> property.
> This change affect to other applications deployed on the same Apache Tomcat.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
> Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle
>
> mobile phone +34 664 000 629
> work phone + 34 954 894 322
> www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

Re: Abotu java.io.tmpdir

Jason Dillon-3
ATM short of changing the code, the only option you have is to set the value to the same as the default value.

In 2.8.1 (soon to be released, though no official date) has a change which will only set the java.io.tmpdir if its not already set.

—jason