[ANN] Apache Maven Surefire Plugin 2.22.0 Released

[ANN] Apache Maven Surefire Plugin 2.22.0 Released

Tibor Digana
 The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
Maven Surefire Plugin, version 2.22.0.

The release contains 15 issues.
Again we received contributions from the community in form of bug reports
and bug fixes.
Thank you and keep them coming!

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <version>2.22.0</version>
</plugin>

or for failsafe:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.22.0</version>
</plugin>

or for surefire-report:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.22.0</version>
</plugin>

You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page:
https://maven.apache.org/surefire/download.cgi

        Release Notes - Maven Surefire - Version 2.22.0

Bug

   - [SUREFIRE-1383 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1383>]
   - dependenciesToScan Does Not Leverage Classpath Elements
   - [SUREFIRE-1479 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1479>]
   - SurefireBooterForkException: The forked VM terminated without properly
   saying goodbye since 2.20.1
   - [SUREFIRE-1498 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1498>]
   - Surefire prints own logs "Couldn't load group class" to native stream.
   - [SUREFIRE-1503 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1503>]
   - Forked JVM immediately crashed on Unix/Linux due to new shutdown
   mechanism does not turn to the old shutdown mechanism
   - [SUREFIRE-1506 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1506>]
   - Sporadic NullPointerException in ConsoleOutputFileReporter#close()
   - [SUREFIRE-1512 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1512>]
   - ProcessInfo for Windows is prone to timezone offset changes
   - [SUREFIRE-1515 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1515>]
   - Standard output write fails for empty array
   - [SUREFIRE-1522 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1522>]
   - IndexOutOfBoundsException for System.out.write

New Feature

   - [SUREFIRE-1330 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1330>]
   - JUnit 5 surefire-provider code donation
   - [SUREFIRE-1495 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1495>]
   - Encoding of TXT report file should be configured by
   ${project.reporting.outputEncoding} and MOJO parameter encoding

Improvement

   - [SUREFIRE-1490 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1490>]
   - Change header of the Failsafe Report

Task

   - [SUREFIRE-1487 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1487>]
   - ParallelComputerBuilderTest fails on overloaded system because internal
   delay are shorter than blocking time of JVM
   - [SUREFIRE-1504 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1504>]
   - switch from Git-WIP to Gitbox
   - [SUREFIRE-1510 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1510>]
   - Jenkins CI fails due to performance of Windows break concurrency of
   forked JVMs
   - [SUREFIRE-1518 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1518>]
   - Upgrade version of plexus-java to 0.9.8

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Surefire Plugin 2.22.0 Released

Enrico Olivelli
Great to see junit 5 !
Thanks to the JUnit team !

Thank you Tibor for putting all together

Enrico

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Surefire Plugin 2.22.0 Released

Hi Tibor,

Thanks.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise