A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war lib in m2?

A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war lib in m2?

Malcolm Wong Ho

A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war build lib
in m2, is this supposed to happen? and will it be fixed in next release?

--
Malcolm Wong Ho

May you live in uninteresting times. -- Chinese proverb

Re: A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war lib in m2?

Brett Porter
Please search the archives. It is how they are intended to work.

Please read the documentation about dependencies... since this is a
FAQ, it obviously is lacking in some area, so I'd like suggestions on
how to make it clearer.

Thanks,
Brett

On 5/23/05, Malcolm Wong Ho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war build lib
> in m2, is this supposed to happen? and will it be fixed in next release?
>
> --
> Malcolm Wong Ho
>
> May you live in uninteresting times. -- Chinese proverb

Re: A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war lib in m2?

Kristian Nordal
On 5/23/05, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please search the archives. It is how they are intended to work.
>
> Please read the documentation about dependencies... since this is a
> FAQ, it obviously is lacking in some area, so I'd like suggestions on
> how to make it clearer.

Hi,
The "Dependency Mechanism" page is good, but the "Project descriptor"
(which I would guess most people look at first) doc is very brief
about dependency scope.

--
Kristian