[1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

[1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

Jeff Jensen
I've been trying to get multiproject and jcoverage plugins working for a couple
of weeks without success.

Being at the end of my rope, I decided to try the 1.1 snapshot to see if it made
a difference.

I have a successful build (passed the unit test, etc.).  When I run it though,
below is the output and error.  Does anyone recognize the problem?  I am unable
to determine what value is empty, and if it is a value in my config or in Maven
itself.

[snip]
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.1-SNAPSHOT

Attempting to download plexus-utils-1.0-alpha-1.jar.
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:574)
        at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.getRemoteArtifact(DependencyVerifier.java:323)
        at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.getDependencies(DependencyVerifier.java:282)
        at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.satisfyDependencies(DependencyVerifier.java:173)
        at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.verify(DependencyVerifier.java:99)
        at org.apache.maven.project.Project.verifyDependencies(Project.java:567)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.loadScript(PluginManager.java:1116)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.runScript(PluginManager.java:1161)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.initialiseHousingPluginContext(PluginManager.java:792)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.prepAttainGoal(PluginManager.java:747)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:678)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:263)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:511)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1258)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

You have encountered an unknown error running Maven.
[snip]

Re: [1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

Brett Porter
You have a proxy host, but no proxy port. I'll fix the error reporting
right now.

- Brett

On 6/2/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been trying to get multiproject and jcoverage plugins working for a couple
> of weeks without success.
>
> Being at the end of my rope, I decided to try the 1.1 snapshot to see if it made
> a difference.
>
> I have a successful build (passed the unit test, etc.).  When I run it though,
> below is the output and error.  Does anyone recognize the problem?  I am unable
> to determine what value is empty, and if it is a value in my config or in Maven
> itself.
>
> [snip]
> |_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.1-SNAPSHOT
>
> Attempting to download plexus-utils-1.0-alpha-1.jar.
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
>         at
> java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
>         at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:489)
>         at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:574)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.getRemoteArtifact(DependencyVerifier.java:323)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.getDependencies(DependencyVerifier.java:282)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.satisfyDependencies(DependencyVerifier.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.verify(DependencyVerifier.java:99)
>         at org.apache.maven.project.Project.verifyDependencies(Project.java:567)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.loadScript(PluginManager.java:1116)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.runScript(PluginManager.java:1161)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.initialiseHousingPluginContext(PluginManager.java:792)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.prepAttainGoal(PluginManager.java:747)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:678)
>         at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:263)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:511)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1258)
>         at
>         at
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
>         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
>
> You have encountered an unknown error running Maven.
> [snip]

Re: [1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

Jeff Jensen
Thanks Brett.  I am running the latest with your change.  I now see this error
message: Ignoring invalid proxy port: '', which is more helpful :-).

However, I am using the same project.xml and project.properties as with 1.02.

I do not have any proxy settings.

This looks like a different problem, but I am not sure what!?  I think it is not
handling a lack of proxy settings correctly, evidenced by
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:-1".

For example:

WARNING: Plugin 'maven-gump-plugin' is already loaded from
maven-gump-plugin-2.0.1-SNAPSHOT; attempting to load maven-gump-plugin-2.0.1
Attempting to download plexus-utils-1.0-alpha-3.jar.
Ignoring invalid proxy port: ''
Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:-1
WARNING: Failed to download plexus-utils-1.0-alpha-3.jar.
Attempting to download commons-betwixt-0.6.jar.
Ignoring invalid proxy port: ''
Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: port out of range:-1
WARNING: Failed to download commons-betwixt-0.6.jar.

[snip - continues...]

What do you think?

Subject:    Re: [1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
string: ""
From:       Brett Porter <brett.porter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-02 23:01:03

On 6/4/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> However, I am using the same project.xml and project.properties as with 1.02.
>
> I do not have any proxy settings.

Are you sure they are not in ~/build.properties?

I don't get the error myself.

- Brett

RE: [1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

Jeff Jensen
I'll check my office system on Monday.  I tried a home system and it worked,
so perhaps you nailed it.  Thanks.

On 6/4/05, Jeff Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> However, I am using the same project.xml and project.properties as with
1.02.

> I do not have any proxy settings.

Are you sure they are not in ~/build.properties?

I don't get the error myself.

- Brett

Re: [1.1 snapshot] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

Jeff Jensen
Doh!  Host & port were the only two things in it, and they were empty.  Must've
created that file when first started using Maven a few months ago.

Thanks Brett.